Monday, June 8, 2009

New board looking fine



After many hours of work, I have sanded off all the non-skid and graphics of the Equipe'. Bought myself a small palm sander and it worked very well.
I was having a tuff time thinking of a way to put new non-skid on and finally found a non-skid paint made by Interlux for boats. Just the right amount of grit(very similar to what was on the board)I picked up a can of white and taped off everything and rolled away.....looks good so far will have to see how the paint wears.
The board has no graphics on it at all so it looks like a prototype.....I'll shhot some pics and add them. Also put a new centerboard gasket on her and we will see how that holds up. It was hard finding a material suitable for the slot,to buy a new one would have cost around $80 U.S. I found some floor edging that seemed like the right stiffness and glued it in with marine Goop...time will tell.
Plus found a 84 Superlite in show room condition for $125! Now I am set(and a friend) for some light wind sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment