Monday, May 4, 2009

Amazing trip

We left K-town on Friday(24th)we satyed overnite in Virginia Beach anf hit the road again. Arrived Saturday around 10AM...did some supply shopping and were in the house by noon. Weather was amazing...high 70's to low 80's sunshine everyday of our trip. People were great even tho I was the only sailor,everyone loves the beach!


As far as a windsurfing only vacation it was not the best...but...I had 3 1/2 days of sailing. Started on Sunday with a 9.8 and my race board but was soon overpowerd and had to drop to my 7.2. Wind stayed consistent with the 7.2 for the rest of the day....a good day to get my "sea legs" back.
Monday was a n on sailing day but a great day for boogie boarding and catching some rays.
Tuesday was another 7.2 but a bit stronger so I could use the 277 Ride for the day....that was fun. Tried out the digital video cam and got some good results.
Wednesday saw a good early morning blow but that subsided by noon.
Thursday was another beach/shopping getting brown day. The waves were quite big on the ocean side and got some good rides on the boogie board.
Friday was a perfect day (for me) started out with the 7.2 and the Ride for the morning then got to rig up the 5.5 and had an absoulte blast for the rest of the day! Water was nice and warm so only required my shorts and footwear.
Saturday was another nice day but alas thats our travel day....back home to K-town....
Good people and good eats pretty good sailing...can't ask more than that.
I am quite intrigued with the whole standup paddle board thingy....I think I have a new goal....we will see.
Will add more pics as I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment